Sunday, July 31, 2011

more pics on facebook

Yo fellas,

I'm about to upload more pics on facebook of the trip.  We had a great time rafting the nile and bungee jumping in Uganda before heading back here to the States. 

I feel privileged to have met the people I met in South Sudan, leadership and children and missionaries.  I was privileged to serve the ways that I served, learning so much about construction, tiling, woodwork, and helping in something bigger than myself.  South Sudan truly has a lot of need, but I was privileged to experience the culture and meet some people. 

I just read this book on serving the poor in a way that doesn't hurt called When Helping Hurts and I recommend this book to anyone going on a short term mission trip to a poorer place.  (random)

I truly miss the guys that we discipled/knew/hung out with and I have been trying hard to pray for them every day (literally).  I want to make this a habit for the next few years at least.  I want to go back to Yei one day, Lord willing.  Not like I played a "huge" role in their lives, but I did get to know them fairly well and I appreciate their faith, so I'd like to see/encourage them again in a few years. 

I'll end this with a video of the kids singing in the morning chapel service.  This is what we woke up to every morning.  Oh how I miss it there.  Words to the song are "One more time, Lord I need your touch.  Every day, every hour, every second, Lord I need your touch"

Oh God, how I need your touch right now.  In this moment.  Always. 

Nic T

No comments:

Post a Comment