Monday, June 13, 2011

Finally done

Aaaaaand we are going to finally finish up tiling this house tomorrow...i.e. we will be doing the finishing touches for the grouting.  We are both ready to start doing another type of work lol. 

I'm just gonna say, we've been here over a couple of weeks, and I still love these kids to death.  Some of them definitely annoy the crap out of me by harassing me non-stop, but most times I'm in love.  Gosh some of them are cute beyond belief.  For example...

Ben and I first met Reuben while some kids were dancing in a circle singing an African tribal song.  We both turned and saw Reuben sitting on another kid's shoulders, bobbing his head up and down to the beat of the drum.  This immediately caused me and Ben to laugh hysterically.  But the great thing was, Reuben had no smile on his face, he was just jammin'.  So we kept laughing, and he kept looking at us like,"why aren't yall jammin'?"  It was hilarious.  All the kids love Reuben.  They play with him like he's a doll sometimes...and he's so chill about it.  Unbelievably cute.

Last Saturday we decided we'd go to the prayer meeting with the older kids (high schoolers).  It was led by one of the high school girls here on the compound, and it was great.  It seemed that nearly everyone there was there to praise God and worship.  It was a refreshing time for sure.  Pastor Pushani prints out these great little pieces of paper with something to pray about, and mine was Japan.  We split into groups and read our paper before praying.  Great time of praying for the nations.  I was exhausted from working all day laying tile and Pastor John, a Godly guy who helps lead at Harvesters, was in our group.  First off, he has a funny voice.  So, he started to read and when he got to Kuwait, he couldn't really figure out how to read "Arabian Peninsula" and he stuttered, which for whatever reason was hilarious.  He was like, "ummmm the arab...peninsula" I started laughing.  I tried so hard to hold it in, play it off as a cough, etc... But I kept laughing.  I felt so bad.  I was staring at the ground.  Ben told me later that he was about to start laughing too.  I was sitting there thinking, how disrespectful, what a terrible time to lose self control, but man, I was so tired, and it was so funny.  Might never forget that moment.  And I still can't help but laugh when I think about it.

-Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment